Psalm 85:6 “Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?”
Psalm 80:19 “Restore us, Lord God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved.”
God is giving each one of us a responsibility in the kingdom thus, calling us into a revival of the Spirit. One thing I want you to know. He is not looking for sets of IMPOSTERS but He is looking for sets of VOICES. Today, God is asking you three questions:
Who are you?
Have you got what it takes to be the voice?
Are you willing to become the voice?
Today we identify Christians as women dressing modestly, Men rocking big suits and ties. In church you make your surroundings believe that you have a “genuine” connection with God by engaging with the service. You close your eyes when you are told to, you lift up your hands, worship, dance, sing and pray. Engaging God in a “sweet talk.”
Oh Monday to Friday? The DM is Dm’ing, the guys with the big suits “sweet talking” the girls and the girls are uncovering themselves. Friday night it’s “link up time” Saturday night is “Demon time” and Sunday is “imposter time.” Engaging God in a sweet talk yet again!
It is easy to give the people the impression that you are living the “victorious” life. This calls for deep reflection. Are we truly walking in our identity as people set apart by God by demonstrating the fullness of His Lordship and being wholesome examples to the lost? It is more than you going to church and doing these things. It is Christ living in you and you projecting the salvation you have received which the evidence is the Holy Spirit at work in your life. Many of us have received him, but he is not present in our lives as a result of us not engaging him in our lives. It calls for us to stand and seek for a revival that will cause us to live the life Christ has given to us which is eternal life by the Spirit.
Who is the Holy Spirit?
He is a person! He is the Spirit of God currently dwelling in us. Throughout the bible we see the significance of the Holy Spirit in the account of creation, empowering people with specific assignments and endowing men with gifts and abilities beyond the comprehension of physics and nature. The spirit comforts, prompts and rebukes. The Holy Spirit is still in the business of endowing, empowering and strengthening people with gifts, but in our present state we do not experience the fullness of his power because we are not intimate with this person.
Two steps to initiate change before initiating intimacy.
STEP 1: ACCEPTANCE
• We must acknowledge that we have fallen short of God’s grace which enables us to triumph over the desires of the flesh. As a result of our negligence to the truth, we have succumbed ourselves to the pleasures of this world thus not enabling us from pressing deeper into the things of the the Spirit but living in a state of religious beliefs by works.
In Romans 3 Paul explains that the whole world is guilty of sin before God and how we are justified by faith in Christ alone.
Key Highlight v.21-25
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
It is therefore vital for us to know that it is only in Christ alone that we obtain power to conquer sin
STEP 2 REPENTANCE
• We must come into a state of repentance. To completely turn away from our wrongdoings and ill patterns we have deemed as normal. Hosea 6:1-3 is a prayer of repentance in humility and in full confidence of God’s ability and power to revive and restore the people of Israel.
Key highlight v.3
“Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth.”
Genuine repentance breeds boldness. All of a sudden you feel within yourself that you are in right standing with God. You are not afraid to disclose your past, you use it as a tool to attract the lost into the Kingdom. Your mess becomes a message. Here’s one thing, God will often use suffering, shame and guilt to reveal his glory to the lost and initiate a revival of the Spirit. Some of the addictions, life circumstances and the obscurities we may be facing is to align us into the purpose God has destined for us.
3 steps to intimacy:
- Coming into a place of desiring the things of God. By coming out from a place of sincerity and desire, The Holy Spirit then acts upon our faith and reveals himself to us. Find out what is going on in the body of Christ, Be kingdom minded. (Heb. 11:1, Ps. 37:4,Ps. 119:10 & Col. 3:1:11)
2. Meditating on the Word. Meditating on God’s word will help you to channel your prayer to
God’s will for your life. It helps you come into a place of self-denial. Meditate! (1 Tim.4:13, Phil.4:8, Ps.119:1-5, Ps.1:1-2 & 2 Tim 3:16-17)
3. Desiring the gifts of the Spirit. This is the standpoint for intimacy! You want to be able to partner with heaven and establish the decrees of God on earth. You need gifts that will enable you to see things the way God sees. Desire gifts! (1 Cor. 12-4-11, 1 Cor.14:1-5 & Acts 4:1-4)
For the vast majority of us, the 2020 decade is a DESTINY DEFINING DECADE.
In this season, God is preparing, refreshing and positioning his children for higher dimensions in this life and it has come to a need for me and you to engage God in our lives like never before.
Sweet talkin is not just defined by our actions but our lifestyle must depict a life that has been engaged in sweet talk to GOD!
May God revive and empower us to change our world with kingdom principles and values. Get in your secret places, the Lord will honor you with the crown of Glory and it will radiate wherever you find yourself.